If you decide to create a new SEO-optimized site or optimize the current one, then compiling a semantic core is the first and key step, because around it in the future will be based on the promotion and promotion of the site in the search engine.
What is the semantic core
most common wording:
Semantic core is a database of search queries that are used to optimize and promote a site in search results.
Why does the site need a semantic core
The semantic core of the site is necessary in order to use the collected phrases in optimizing metadata (Title and Description meta tags), content (H tags, alt attributes of images, text), link structure and collecting objective information and statistics by tracking the position of the site’s pages by each individual key request and groups of requests, which will allow us to evaluate the effectiveness of carrying out certain works to promote the site in the search system.
How to make up the semantic core of a site
The collection of the semantic core is the process of compiling a database of search queries that most accurately reflect the scope of the company and the content of the site’s pages, and are used in optimizing and promoting the site in search results.
The process consists of three stages:
- Collection of basic semantics;
Collect basic semantics
First you need to collect the “basic” semantics, the foundation of the semantic core (phrases from which we will initially build on).
Ways to collect basic semantics:
- Competitor Analysis.
The process of compiling markers (words and phrases) that users can enter in the search bar, based on the specifics of the company’s activities, the names of groups of goods, goods, etc. Usually, employees of a company that needs to assemble a semantic core are involved in this process, since they better know the niche and target audience.
To determine the semantic core of competitors, you can collect all the key phrases of the domain or individual pages that take part in the ranking.
Cleaning the semantic core is the process of removing search queries that do not match the company’s activities and the content of the site’s pages.
After collecting the basic semantics, we need to prepare it for the following processes of working with the semantic core (expansion and clustering):
- From brand queries
- From requests that do not match your site
- From implicit takes
After collecting the basic semantics and cleaning, the expansion process consists in searching for and collecting new ones that suit us, but were not initially included in the basic semantics.
When expanding the semantic core, we will collect:
- Keywords in Keyword Planner;
- Search Prompts (SERP);
- Related Search Queries (SERP).
Note! SERP is a SERP.
There are two ways to build a semantic core:
Collecting the semantic core without using third-party programs and services, with the exception of search engine tools, for example:
- Google Keyword Planner;
- Software Independence;
- Fast request processing.
- Low efficiency when working with large amounts of data;
- The difficulty of collecting search hints and related searches.
Manual semantic kernel extension algorithm:
- Keyword Collection
- Collection of search hints
- Collection of related searches
Collecting a semantic core without using third-party programs and services, with the exception of search engine tools such as Keyword Planner, is a voluminous and time-consuming process. You do not depend on programs and services, quickly get the result, but you have to analyze each phrase separately, and perform many actions in the table to avoid duplication.
Selection of the semantic kernel using third-party programs and services, for example:
- Key Collector;
- High efficiency when working with a large amount of data;
- Ease of collecting tooltips and related queries.
- Dependence on software and services;
- Low (medium) phrase processing speed.
Selection of the semantic core using third-party programs and services allows you to automate the process of collecting keywords, search hints and similar search queries, which is convenient when working with a large amount of data.
- To make up the semantic core of a site, use two methods (manual and automated) together, the so-called “golden mean”, since you compensate for the disadvantages of one method due to the advantages of another;
- After each iteration, clean the collected queries from those that do not suit you.
More information on Compilation of the semantic core of the site – consultation
- Google: Comments are part of the main content of the page. In mid-December, Google search specialist John Muller held a new session with webmasters in a question-and-answer format. One of …Read more »
- How to create a convenient modern website to attract customers? 1. Identify why and why Give yourself an answer to the question: why do you need a site and …Read more »
- If you decide to create a new SEO-optimized site or optimize the current one, then compiling a semantic core is the first and key step, because around it in the …Read more »
- The Google search engine monopolizes traffic. Such conclusions can be made on the basis of a number of innovations that are implemented on the search results page. What did such …Read more »
- Due to Google’s innovation , slower sites will drop positions . The other day, Google made a statement that new indicators for sites will appear in the Google Chrome browser. …Read more »
- Officially: Google introduced a new search algorithm – Google BERT. What information is available at the moment? How does the search algorithm work? What will change in search engine optimization? …Read more »