Google: Comments are part of the main content of the page.
In mid-December, Google search specialist John Muller held a new session with webmasters in a question-and-answer format. One of the topics that Muller touched on blog comments: how does the search engine rate them as main content or auxiliary?
Muller said that comments are part of the main page, unlike, for example, navigation and footer, which are just considered auxiliary content.
“When a bot looks at a page, it sees elements such as navigation, footer or sidebars as template auxiliary content, not critical. But a blog post and changes to the content of this page in the form of comments are what the bot will appreciate as part of the main content. The system will try to understand what these comments are. Sometimes it happens that there are few posts on the blog, but there are a lot of really good comments. Comments may contain something important for a particular page, so you cannot ignore them, ”Muller noted.
Some site owners or optimizers use this to manipulate algorithms and increase the position of their sites in the SERP: they order feedback texts from copywriters that contain keyword entries. This is a rather risky strategy, and we do not recommend using it. Better take care of high-quality and useful content that will correspond to the intent of users, and comments will appear by themselves.
Mueller’s detailed answers to this and other questions are in the session record:
presentation – original https://seo.ru/news/view/2019/12/25/google-kommentarii-ehto-chast-osnovnogo-kontenta-stranicy/
- Google: Comments are part of the main content of the page. In mid-December, Google search specialist John Muller held a new session with webmasters in a question-and-answer format. One of …Read more »
- How to create a convenient modern website to attract customers? 1. Identify why and why Give yourself an answer to the question: why do you need a site and …Read more »
- If you decide to create a new SEO-optimized site or optimize the current one, then compiling a semantic core is the first and key step, because around it in the …Read more »
- The Google search engine monopolizes traffic. Such conclusions can be made on the basis of a number of innovations that are implemented on the search results page. What did such …Read more »
- Due to Google’s innovation , slower sites will drop positions . The other day, Google made a statement that new indicators for sites will appear in the Google Chrome browser. …Read more »
- Officially: Google introduced a new search algorithm – Google BERT. What information is available at the moment? How does the search algorithm work? What will change in search engine optimization? …Read more »