The Google search engine monopolizes traffic. Such conclusions can be made on the basis of a number of innovations that are implemented on the search results page.
What did such actions lead to? Is there any analytical data that would confirm the concentration of traffic on the search engine website?
What will the Google strategy result in? And what should the search optimizer do?
Google traffic monopolization
Google adds new items to the SERP that are designed to delay traffic on the search engine website.
Now search engine optimizers are watching how the Google search engine is no longer just a tool for finding links to the right pages.
Google is becoming a service capable of generating ready-made answers to most user intents. This approach makes it unnecessary for users to switch to sites that are listed in organic results after Google cards.
In 2019, for the first time, a mark was reached when there were 0 clicks on most requests to sites from the issuance.
The following is a graph that shows data on paid and organic traffic in Google’s search results, as well as the volume of search queries no clicks .
The basis is the data that is received on the basis of 40 million requests. Millions of different desktop and mobile devices were used. Requests were made through browsers.
The results are as follows:
- In 50.33% of the clicks, neither the pages of advertisements nor the pages from organic search engine results;
- 45.25% of clicks were on pages from organic search engine results;
- In 4.42%, clicks were on ads .
The pattern indicates that the proportion of search queries without clicks on organic results in search results is growing.
Mobile Search Results clicks on Organic Results less than on Desktop Search Results .
The trend with Google is this:
- Traffic from organic search results is reduced. An extremely low percentage of traffic is available on mobile devices;
- Traffic from ads increases;
- The volume of search queries is growing, which does not bring clicks in principle.
As a result, the situation looks like this:
- The search engine collects data from various sites;
- Then the data is aggregated;
- Further data is processed by various systems, such as Google Artificial Intelligence ;
- As a result, the search results do not display links to sites, but a response to a search query;
- The site is losing traffic.
The main conclusion is the following – Google search begins to search for an answer inside the Google database, and sites lose their traffic.
Google’s main trend is Artificial Intelligence First . This means that in the future the potential volume of traffic from organic search engine results will decrease further.
What about search engine optimizer? For search engine optimizers, there are such solutions:
- Implementation of AMP technology on the site;
- Finding ways to extract value from zero-click results. For example, to manipulate content by creating pieces of information;
- Diversification. You should begin to understand such environments as Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Adapted for Israel. Originalhttps://ru.megaindex.com/blog/google-serp-analytics
- Google: Comments are part of the main content of the page. In mid-December, Google search specialist John Muller held a new session with webmasters in a question-and-answer format. One of …Read more »
- How to create a convenient modern website to attract customers? 1. Identify why and why Give yourself an answer to the question: why do you need a site and …Read more »
- If you decide to create a new SEO-optimized site or optimize the current one, then compiling a semantic core is the first and key step, because around it in the …Read more »
- The Google search engine monopolizes traffic. Such conclusions can be made on the basis of a number of innovations that are implemented on the search results page. What did such …Read more »
- Due to Google’s innovation , slower sites will drop positions . The other day, Google made a statement that new indicators for sites will appear in the Google Chrome browser. …Read more »
- Officially: Google introduced a new search algorithm – Google BERT. What information is available at the moment? How does the search algorithm work? What will change in search engine optimization? …Read more »